Lissibith

Inkspot Fancy

Comics and fantasy and sci-fi, oh my!

The House on the Borderland
Shiho Inada, Fuyumi Ono
Devil Survivor 1
Satoru Matsuba

Things are getting contemplative

Durarara!! Yellow Flag Orchestra, Vol. 1 - Ryohgo Narita, Akiyo Satorigi Durarara!! Yellow Scarves Arc, Vol. 2 - Ryohgo Narita, Akiyo Satorigi

Durarara Yellow Scarves arc Vol. 1

The danger of the Slasher has passed, but the mystery it left behind for the public remains - who was it, why did they do it, and could they do it again?

Members of the Yellow Scarves gang are convinced the Slasher came from rival gang the Dollars and are trying to decide what to do about it. This unfortunately draws their former leader back into the world of gang wars, regardless of what he wants.

The character who stars in this book was one of my favorites in earlier volumes for his attitude, but man, I just can't get into this. You sort of want to shake him and be like "Make up your mind! Just do it!"

Alternately we get more of Celty here, as she has run-ins with cops and with Shinra's dad (who she suspects of stealing her head). She's always a fabulous addition to any Durarara volume.

Durarara Yellow Scarves arc Vol. 2

This continues in pretty much the same vein as the previous volume. I don't much care for our main character, and I really enjoy Celty's parts.

The addition of the four characters who are always tooling around in their van does push this one above the first volume. I love getting a little flashback of them all, and I love the way they interact with one another. A whole book of them might be a little too much, but man, we could stand with them being more involved and I would not complain. :D

This volume really feels like setup. There just wasn't a lot going on. Most of the action happened in flash back and most of the present stuff was conversations that went nowhere and introspections.