Lissibith

Inkspot Fancy

Comics and fantasy and sci-fi, oh my!

The House on the Borderland
Devil Survivor 1
Satoru Matsuba

Between two worlds

Ghost Omnibus, Vol. 1 - Eric Luke, Adam Hughes, Terry Dodson

Ghost is a weird book for me. I am having trouble deciding even what I think about it. Parts of it were visually lovely and as a character, I really like Elisa. But at times it felt awkward to read, and some of that wasn't alleviated, if it was, until the very end.

Ghost is about a woman who wakes up dead. She doesn't know who she is or what happened, but she dedicates herself to vengeance not only on whoever did it, but just on asshole men in general. Her internal dialogue reads at times like an MRA's idea of a feminist, full of weird ideas about the cruelty and worthlessness of men in general. And the answers she seeks, when she finds them, aren't as kind and comforting as one might hope.

I was a little torn on this. On the one hand, I understand why Elisa sounds like she does. Her hatred has some incredibly serious roots, and a lot of the men she deals with are assholes who deserve almost everything she levels at them. But at the same time, it's so unrelenting that at times, it works against the character.

Not sure I'll dig into more of this version, but I like the concept and I think I'll definitely look into the reboot.