Lissibith

Inkspot Fancy

Comics and fantasy and sci-fi, oh my!

The House on the Borderland
Ghost Hunt 2
Shiho Inada, Fuyumi Ono
Devil Survivor 1
Satoru Matsuba
Gunnerkrigg Court, Vol. 1: Orientation - Thomas Siddell Gunnerkrigg Court... just seriously, if you can handle reading books with pictures as an adult and like cute stories and science vs magic and humor and a really adorable friendship and having feels, then this is a book you probably owe it to yourself to check out.the first few chapters are a little rough - not bad, but rough - as the comic seems to be shaking out what it wants to be. The art is a lot wilder and... harsher? That's not quite the right word but it works. We get to meet Annie and her friend Kat, going to school at this immense and unusual place called Gunnerkrigg Court, where the scientific and the supernatural exist side by side. It's fun, with shades of a serious undertone... until we get to "A Handful of Dirt," which for me at least is where the story really picks up (and you'd never guess it from the summary of the chapter, I guarantee.)All in all, I don't think it's possible to recommend this story enough. You can check it out for free online, and if you're anything like me, you'll soon find you want a copy to hold in your hands and take wherever you go.