Lissibith

Inkspot Fancy

Comics and fantasy and sci-fi, oh my!

The House on the Borderland
Ghost Hunt 2
Shiho Inada, Fuyumi Ono
Devil Survivor 1
Satoru Matsuba
Beltway Boys: Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper, and the Rise of the Nationals - Elliott   Smith If you're a Nationals' fan, or just curious about the two young players who headline the book, this is definitely worth a look. But otherwise, it just feels like this is a little too much of a stretch to fill a book. The whole thing seems to be well researched, with quotes from a lot of different sources and a lot of different angles. It feels like another go-over from an editor might not have been amiss. While there are no glaring outright errors, the book is full of awkwardly overwritten phrasing - as an example "the things to which he is accustomed" instead of "the things he's accustomed to." It's a small but persistent thing.But I think the biggest problem I had with this book isn't technical, but personal - the people it's about never really establish themselves within the pages as characters we need to care about and root for. All the technical things are well done, but there seemed to be a lack of humanization of especially Strasburg. Harper comes across as a bit more of a personality, but its not enough to carry the book to 4 or 5 stars.Still, it's a solid look at a surprising year for the Nats and I think fans will have a lot to enjoy if they choose to pick this one up.