Lissibith

Inkspot Fancy

Comics and fantasy and sci-fi, oh my!

The House on the Borderland
Ghost Hunt 2
Shiho Inada, Fuyumi Ono
Devil Survivor 1
Satoru Matsuba
Jim Henson's Tale of Sand - Jim Henson, Jerry Juhl, Ramón Pérez, Chris Robinson, Stephen Christy First off, the art is beautiful. At times, it can be a little sequentially confusing, but never to the detriment of the story. The colors are brilliant and, as befits this story, somewhat surreal.The tale itself follows our protagonist as he is sent from a Western town out into the desert with almost no instruction and someone on his heels, intending to stop himThe tale is told with a minimum of dialogue and a maximum of unexpected and sometimes outright ridiculous circumstances and events, yet somehow the whole thing flows solidly from point to point, in a manner that put me oddly in mind of a Loony Tunes cartoon. And like a Loony Tunes cartoon, I found the experience highly enjoyable.This story works really well as a comic, but its clear it was intended to move, and I think it would have been even better if it had been made into a movie or even a cartoon. This was one of the few books I've ever read where the silence of the medium was actually noticeable to me. Music and sound effects would add so much.In all, its a good read, and a quick one if you want it to be, offering a look into Henson's work which shows some of where the Muppets come from, but also a more adult and somewhat darker place as well. And its very good. :)