Lissibith

Inkspot Fancy

Comics and fantasy and sci-fi, oh my!

The House on the Borderland
Ghost Hunt 2
Shiho Inada, Fuyumi Ono
Devil Survivor 1
Satoru Matsuba
Homestuck Book Two - Andrew Hussie I guess I'm just not the target audience for this. Two books in and I'm just not enthralled.I do respect the structure, the level of interactivity the comic had with its real-time readers, the quality of the writing, the use of the "Web" part of web comic to a much greater degree than many other such comics and the sheer amount of work that goes into these comics. But I don't personally *care* about anything that happened in this book, even less than the last volume. Or, to borrow a test from a friend of mine when we were discussing a particular DC comic, "would I care if I turned the last page and it said 'Rocks fall, everyone dies, the end'?" And the answer is... no. No I wouldn't. I didn't care what any of the characters was doing. I didn't find them interesting as people, not even as interesting as in volume one. I got the feeling from this book that I usually get from crackfic over at fanficiton.net - I'm sure this is funny to someone and I don't think it's bad, I don't get anything out of reading itSo... I think if you liked Vol. 1., you will like vol. 2. And if you weren't sure about vol. 1, this should help you solidify your feelings one way or the other.