Lissibith

Inkspot Fancy

Comics and fantasy and sci-fi, oh my!

The House on the Borderland
Devil Survivor 1
Satoru Matsuba

Will you ask me in?

Carpe Jugulum (Discworld, #23) - Terry Pratchett

Well, I was expecting something funny when I picked this up. I didn't get that - not really - but I did get an interesting look at vampire myths; at the power of choices and the faith in oneself; at the way most people continually doubt themselves no matter what face they present; even at the point and worth of beauty and where it can be found.

Vampires have invaded the witches' turf, and they've done it with diplomatic smiles and overwhelming mental force. When Agnes, Nanny Ogg and Magrat realize what's going on, they join forces to... get some help. :)

I've never been a big fan of the witch books, though I do enjoy them okay. But this one... I think this might be the first one I really love. I really enjoyed Agnes as our viewpoint character, I liked the relationship Omnian priest Mightily Oats formed with both her and Granny Weatherwax. I loved the veneer of gentleness and kindness covering the darkness of our vampire antagonists.

Also, this book felt really short to me. I wanted there to be more. But I thought it was well-wrapped-up, thought-provoking enough and enjoyable.