Lissibith

Inkspot Fancy

Comics and fantasy and sci-fi, oh my!

The House on the Borderland
Shiho Inada, Fuyumi Ono
Devil Survivor 1
Satoru Matsuba

A quick read

The Flash, Vol. 4: Crossfire - Geoff Johns, Scott Kolins, Doug Hazlewood, Rick Burchett, Justiniano, Dan Panosian, Walden Wong

Never tell a hardcore DC fan that you think the Flash rogues gallery is a bit of a joke. Or rather, maybe you should, because then they might loan you this book. The Flash's Rogues are all working together, and that means a world of hurt for Wally West.

But they are only one half of the "crossfire" of the title. On the other side we have The Thinker, digitized and able to control machines at will. Machines and the people near them, including Wally's wife.

This was wonderfully comic booky, and for me at least a bit unpredictable, which is always welcome when it comes to the capes and cowls set.

I maintain after reading this that the rogues in Flash's books are still ridiculous, but they can, when they put their minds to it, be genuinely frightening and strong.

For my money, the most interesting part though was the little bits we got of The Flash trying to help Pied Piper be proven innocent of charges that he murdered his parents. It was a bit of a side story, barely touched on, but it was nice to see him reaching out and caring about them. This was a really great trade and I'm glad I got the chance to read it.