Lissibith

Inkspot Fancy

Comics and fantasy and sci-fi, oh my!

The House on the Borderland
Devil Survivor 1
Satoru Matsuba

Fully armed

Immortal Iron Fist: The Complete Collection Volume 2 - Marvel Comics

Another great volume, following the further adventures of Danny Rand, AKA Iron Fist, one of the Immortal Weapons.

This volume starts out with someone gunning for Iron Fist with a supernatural zeal, and willing to go at it from any angle he can get. There's a reason almost no Iron Fists have lived past a certain point in their life, and this being? Is largely why.  Then Iron Fist learns more about the mythical Eighth City and with the other Immortal Weapons, heads there - only to find way more waiting there than he expected.

We also get to see a little more of the other Immortal weapons here, as each of them gets at least part of an issue dedicated to themselves - sometimes on their backstories (as with Fat Cobra, Dog Brother #1 or the Tiger's Beautiful Daughter), and sometimes about the extent of their powers (as with the Prince of Orphans and the Bride of Nine Spiders). If I'm being flat out honest about it, i'd love to see more of the adventures of these six galavanting across the globe, righting wrongs and triumphing over evil. :)

The book ends with a two-parter back in New York where Iron Fist has to deal with a decision he made years before, as seen through the eyes of one of his young pupils at his martial arts school. While most of the book's art is great, the art duties on this last story are split and the latter half just didn't do it for me. But I liked the story itself, and it has a character in it I'd love to see crop up in the future of Marvel.